Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet Males?

Late that night, the Steelers won a rollicking good game against the Cardinals and Mark was still researching. He was on a mission now. He looked up at me, with eyes somewhat glassy, perhaps from the Scottish Ale consumed during the game, but more so, in his eyes, I saw the same man I married. He just could not let this one go.

I didn’t have an answer, or better yet, the fact that I did not have one indicated that I did not yet feel right. Thought I wasn’t sure how long Mark would wait for my decision (of course, he’ll tell you that no one tells me what to do) he was also waiting on something that I had no idea about. He had made an inquiry to a Cavalier King Charles breeder outside of Cleveland prior to our leaving the house for skiing that Sunday morning.

The breeder wrote back at 4 pm. sometime between showers and kickoff, indicating that she and Mark had already corresponded. Her dog Holly had just given birth on Saturday, the same day we had been looking at the other pup in Petland. And now, she was sharing all sorts of information on puppies that were a mere hours old.

“All look really good and are nursing very well. Misty , my Black and Tan is also
pregnant and is due on Feb. 19. These will be my two litters for the year. Both Holly and Misty were bred to Rocky. Holly is 5 years old and still heart clear. Holly had 1 litter of puppies when she was 2. 5. Rocky is almost 3 years old and is almost an AKC Champion. I will include pictures of both. Holly and Rocky have super personalities.

Misty is a 2.5 year old Black and Tan. She had 6 beautiful puppies over the summer and this is her second litter. She will not be bred again for at least 1 year after the puppies are born. Breeding a B/T to a Blenheim can produce all 4 colors. In her last litter, she had 4 B/Ts, 1 Tri and 1 Ruby. I did breed her to a different sire this time around. Rocky and Misty are both fantastic dogs with a great personalities. I am expecting great puppies

These were pups with a full 1 year health guarantee; AKC limited registration, 8 week old vet examination, all the health certificates of the parents and even some of the
grandparents, pictures and the first set of shots. We would know more about this puppy’s family tree that most WASPs can trace their roots these days.

She would send the pup home with a puppy kit and food sample. All parents live on site. The puppies would already be accustomed to the teenager mode, though can anyone say that for certain, but her 4 teenaged children were around plenty. Their household could rival ours, sans the dogs.

Wow this was so much more information that we could have ever hoped for. Mark was holding back, finally forwarding this messages to me late that night. The females somewhat independent. Certainly a breed I could live with, though we had no need for any more females. Sweet males? They would fit right in.

No comments: