Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Psalm of the Owner

Enzo stirs in me the urge to be a better napper. 
He compels me to want to lie down
in the verdant pasture of the Oriental rug
to bask in sunshine piercing through the front door.

After others have left for work,
he leads me beside still waters of my coffee and newspaper.
When offered a hand, he bounds with grace
and anoints my cheeks so as to restore my soul
through belly rub he receives.

He fears not the danger of impending storms
because he follows
the path of righteousness to his crate
where he seeks shelter and silence.

A bowl is prepared ahead of him
with a bite of banana and fresh water.
Surely, sleep and comfort will follow.
And he shall laze in the lap of his owner forever.

1 comment:

Briget said...

Annette, I love this! I'm going to make sure Anni has a link to here - did you know she has a beautiful little King Charles Cavalier, too? Dogs made for love...
(P.S. It's me, Bron)